openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Trivial German grammar error on get-involved page.
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 22:15:09 GMT
Am 05/10/2016 10:22 PM, schrieb Max Merbald:
> ..."in Deutsch" is wrong (though many people say so, it's probably
> colloquial). The versions "Diese Seite auf Deutsch ansehen" oder "diese
> Seite in Deutscher Sprache" is correct (I'm a native speaker of German).

I still don't see anything wrong here. The Duden as reference for the
German language has an example that is similar and fits very good:

http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/deutsch
scroll down to:

2. Großschreibung
a. Großgeschrieben wird das substantivierte Adjektiv, wenn es im Sinne
von »deutsche Sprache« verwendet wird:

- eine Zusammenfassung in Deutsch

However, I don't want to provoke confrontation or nitpicking. If someone
still think it should be changed then please do so.

My 2 ct.

Marcus