openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Development updates
Date Sat, 14 May 2016 00:05:35 GMT
On 05/13/2016 02:03 PM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been working with Fred Toussi, a very helpful hsqldb developer, on
> many CSV handling improvements to hsqldb, in hopes of eventually using
> hsqldb in place of our dodgy CSV driver in Base (it has far better SQL
> support, joins, subqueries, many scalar functions, etc.). We both wrote
> patches, but work remains on a few last issues. This new driver also still
> has to be developed.
>
> Also I've begun looking at some academic research into automated conversion
> of C++ source code into Java, and playing with a few ideas of my own. I've
> slowly begun making progress developing this converter. It will be a while
> before it's developed enough and conversion of some parts of AOO can start,
> but I have hopes that it will make AOO easier to compile, debug and improve
> by a wider community of developers that it will attract, and make it more
> stable and secure. If this doesn't save AOO, I doubt anything will.
>
> What have the rest of you been up to?
>
> Damjan

Hi Damjan,

I'm very interested in seeing some of the work around Java and what kind
of architecture you're thinking about.

Lately I've been working on UNO Extension project generators using
Gradle and Lazybones templates.

So far I have working code to generate Groovy UNO Client apps and also
Addon Extensions with Gradle build systems that are IDE independent. It
will also work for Java apps also.

Hopefully I can get ONE more binding vote on the Groovy UNO Extension
vote so I can finish up the extension generators ;-)

Best regards,
Carl