openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Reporting broken download link
Date Sat, 14 May 2016 20:09:34 GMT
Am 05/14/2016 09:22 PM, schrieb Jim Patterson:
> Marcus,
> Thanks for the help.
> I have now successfully installed English (US) language but would wish to install English
(UK) language.
> Do I change "...binaries/en-US/Apache..." to "...binaries/en-UK/Apache...." in order
to achieve this?

for the UK version we are using the "GB" abbreviation. So, please change
the link into ".../en-GB/..." or use this one:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.2/binaries/en-GB/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.2_Win_x86_install_en-GB.exe/download

BTW:
The the hint that Rory gave you regarding language packs is also
working. Then you can have translated UI (and partly also translated
help) in several languages within a single OpenOffice installation.

However, English US and GB in one application is maybe not making sense. ;-)

HTH

Marcus