openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any chance to merge the gbuild branch rather soonish?
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 21:26:28 GMT
On 05/05/2016 10:51 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Windows XP SP3 32-bit on a VirtualBox instance on FreeBSD, underlying
> filesystem is ZFS which does cause I/O slowdown, but not enough to explain
> this.
>
> Can't remember what compiler I installed; there are Windows SDK 7 and
> Visual Studio 9 directories.

Despite the lag, I'd like to get back to this given all your effort so far.

Do you still have your config.log? It should show in there what it found
for the C compiler.

OK, and maybe a crazy idea. Despite the fact that we're having problems
with the Win7 build for our usual processing, would it be worth doing a
merge INTO the guild branch and setting up an additional win buildbot
for that?

> SDK_PATH="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.0"
> ./configure --with-frame-home="$SDK_PATH" --with-psdk-home="$SDK_PATH"
> --with-midl-path="$SDK_PATH/bin"
> --with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/apache-ant-1.9.6" --with-dmake-url="
> http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"
> --with-epm-url="http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz"
> --enable-pch --disable-atl --disable-activex --without-junit
> --with-cl-home="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC"
> --with-csc-path="/cygdrive/c/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v3.5"
> --with-jdk-home="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0" --disable-directx
> --with-package-format="installed" --enable-wiki-publisher
>
> I am currently thinking we will gain more from porting to Java, than trying
> to maintain a build system for the buggy, leaky, complex, crash-prone,
> insecure languages that are C/C++.

I don't know if its C++, which is still very widely used for programming
development, or our complicated code, of which I'm guessing, at least
25% could be eliminated.