openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Removing all tracking from AOO sites
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 17:24:39 GMT
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> I should note, I used to have access to the Google Analytics stuff
> when I was in the PMC. It was set up by Rob Weir under consensus.
>
> It is certainly a form of tracking and, at least I, have no idea what
> purpose it has served. From some time I have had no access it as it
> mysteriously disappeared from my list of GA sites.
>
> Thanks so much for bringing up this subject, I always meant to bring
> it up but forgot.
>
> Pedro.

​
Really, this is aggregated data. The setup for GA  was agreed to  in 2011
for some pages -- the download one -- and later ported to the whole web
site.

See first discussion:

​http://markmail.org/thread/7koytfcgpdeiqzn6

( a number of discussions on other threads followed)

Some of "us" have access to the AOO analytics data. As I recall, this was
via request to Rob Weir. Right now, I can not find who the individuals are.
I am one of them. It's likely that Rob is still the only one with admin
rights to this, and this should be changed.

I have not logged into GA in quite some time. If it IS possible to provide
public access to some of this data, I would much prefer that then removing
GA entirely.  I will investigate this and get back to the list later in the
week.

MzK

"Time spent with cats is never wasted."
                                -- Sigmund Freud