openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Damjan Jovanovic <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Development updates
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 18:03:45 GMT
Hi

I've been working with Fred Toussi, a very helpful hsqldb developer, on
many CSV handling improvements to hsqldb, in hopes of eventually using
hsqldb in place of our dodgy CSV driver in Base (it has far better SQL
support, joins, subqueries, many scalar functions, etc.). We both wrote
patches, but work remains on a few last issues. This new driver also still
has to be developed.

Also I've begun looking at some academic research into automated conversion
of C++ source code into Java, and playing with a few ideas of my own. I've
slowly begun making progress developing this converter. It will be a while
before it's developed enough and conversion of some parts of AOO can start,
but I have hopes that it will make AOO easier to compile, debug and improve
by a wider community of developers that it will attract, and make it more
stable and secure. If this doesn't save AOO, I doubt anything will.

What have the rest of you been up to?

Damjan