openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: English Dictionaries update cycle
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 00:02:38 GMT
Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The other day someone complained in the extension page that he had
> updates all the time.
>
> I replied to that person saying that I do monthly updates of the British
> speller adding 600+ words.
>
> I talked with JZA about the update frequency and I would like to know
> your opinion about the update cycle (JZA suggested a 6 month cycle but I
> need more opinions).
>
> For Mozilla (Firefox + Thunderbird) the monthly is okay since it is a
> small file (400-500 kB) with auto-update and only the British. Also,
> every six weeks  a Mozilla upgrade comes out  and people want the
> dictionary to be compatible with the latest alphas.
>
> What is your opinion?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
>        >Marco A.G.Pinto
>
> --
Marco;

For me a 6 month cycle would be fine. I use the American variant that
has not been updated since January.  So that makes 4 months that I have
had to either install an update that was of no value to me, or invest
the time to check exactly what was updated and decide if putting up with
the nag to update every time I start AOO is worth not installing it.

Regards
Keith