openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject What is the right trademark labeling for AOO
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 09:34:30 GMT
Hello,

In the AOO-Logo (for example see in the Header of the site http://www.openoffice.org/) the
trademark labeling is:

Apache OpenOffice™

But on site http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/list/ i can read this:

"APACHE® is registered in Australia, Norway, Switzerland, Japan, Brazil, and is pending in
other countries, as our house mark symbolizing our high quality community-led, volunteer built
software products provided for the public good.

[...]

OPENOFFICE®, OPENOFFICE.ORG® and the gull logo are registered or pending in Canada, the
EU/CTM, Israel, the US, and other countries, for our widely popular suite of office productivity
applications, including Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, and more."

So my question is:
what is the correctly labeling of Apache OpenOffice (in Germany and Europe)?

Apache OpenOffice™?

Apache® OpenOffice™?

Apache® OpenOffice®?

Or a different notation?