openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I would like to contribute into Apache OpenOffice Writer
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 20:48:45 GMT
On 06/30/2016 10:46 AM, JZA wrote:
> At the moment we are not doing UI design and the projects in charge are
> orphan, but you could see the old process on the project sites.
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Apache_OpenOffice_User_Experience
>
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Lucrecia Llerena <
> lucreciallerena2016@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My name is Lucrecia Llerena Guevara. I have commenced my research for a PhD
>> in Computing at the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM). The title of the
>> research that I am conducting is Formalized procedure for adopting
>> usability techniques in the open software development process. The aim of
>> this research is to check whether it is possible to adopt usability
>> techniques with adaptations in OSS projects. I would like to contribute to
>> the project Apache OpenOffice and, through my research, help to detect
>> faults, put forward improvements of new features and functionalities, test
>> and support the work of the community. In particular, we would like to have
>> the usability techniques adopted in the OpenOffice Writer because we
>> believe that this project can use as a laboratory for our research.

Hello Lucretia --

The area that Alexandro directed you to may be useful to see what's been
thought in the past in terms of UI design. But, despite the fact that we
no longer have a dedicated UI team, we would love to hear what you have
to say/propose in regard to usability, etc. Of course, you can download
Apache OpenOffice at:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

Discussion on your ideas can be discussed here on the "dev" list. If you
have specific ideas on something like menu changes, etc., it would be
advantageous to use our Bug reporting system, Bugzilla, which allows for
adding enhancements.

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/

Thank you for your interest in helping with Apache OpenOffice.