openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [TESTING] Applying openoffice-4.1.2-patch1 for Windows
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 23:09:13 GMT

[ ... ]
> [knmc]
> As we move forward to a general distribution here  is an odt revision of
> the readme that can be used to generate an html, pdf, or text versions.
> All versions are attached but may not come through to the list. They can
> all be accessed from the following link.
> <https://1drv.ms/f/s!AMMYmStvrJNJgQQ>
> All feedback is both welcomed and encouraged.
[orcmid]

The .odt and the .txt file come through as attachments.

Do you have specific recommendations about what should be done with these?

I notice that there are problems with the .txt file layout not having hard line breaks.  The
name changes and dates in 0.2.0 are not reflected.  The .odt also needs layout work.  There's
too much white space and I have not looked closely enough to figure out why.

I know we differ on formatting and some document organization matters.  I am not going to
address them at this point.

I am going to 1.0.0 now, essentially with the 0.2.0 except for the change of version number
and removal of the limitation to testing use.  I did the other repair you suggested.  I think
Marcus is ready on the other binaries, so something will happen tomorrow (Friday).

I'm not certain what the final inch is just yet, but it looks like everything is ready enough.

 - Dennis