openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1 Source
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 19:54:26 GMT

in the CVE-2016-1513 advisory <http://www.openoffice.org/security/cves/CVE-2016-1513.html>.

> The patch has been applied in the building of modified Apache 4.1.2 binaries.  The modified
binaries have been successfully used as the source of single modified shared-library files
that can be copied into existing Apache 4.1.2 programs in order to eliminate the vulnerability.

> This ballot is for release of the source code on which replacement or patched Apache
4.1.2 binaries can be based.  The candidate source-code release for patch1 is the archive

> apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1.zip located at
> <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.2-patch1/source>.
> There are accompanying hash files (.md5 and .sha256) and a digital signature file (.asc)
for the source-code archive.

> Please vote by reply to this dev@-list thread on the approval of the candidate for release.
>
>  [  ] +1 Approve, with description
+1 verified this was the patch I used for testing on CentOS 6.8, Linux-32
Checked md5 on download.

Verified sig as belonging to Dennis Hamilton.

>  [  ]  0 Abstain
>  [  ] -1 Disapprove, with explanation
>
> For +1 Approve votes, please describe the results of verifying the patch materials and
success in building a 4.1.2 binary having the patch applied to a particular 4.1.2 binary build.