openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: To Apache Open Office : Glitch on centering of page.
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2016 06:45:26 GMT
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 02:36:57 +0000 (UTC)
Robert Taylor <positron623@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> Hello:BTW, I am 70 and quite retired.  So, I really appreciate the price compared to
MS - Office.  Also, the interface seem quite intuitive and easier to function rather than
MS - Office.   So, you guys (and girls) get an A+ and Micro Soft gets a C.
> As i get older and develop more of a  tremor,  I really appreciate using the addressing
of the envelope function.  In a way, I really  wish the envelope sizes were set up like
the  Avery label function.     However, set up for Hallmark, American Greetings and  whatever
brands are out  there.
> Because what I now do is measure the envelope to the 1/100th of an inch and then enter
that size in manually to  a custom size.  Precise but slow.

>  I have a  glitch in my Open Office Apache  Word/text Writer.
> I have been working on this for several hours and I can't get the program to straighten
out..
> BTW, on this machine I am running Windows-7  Home Premium edition.    My version of
Open Office is  V: 4.1.2.   The Rev. is :  1709696                      AOO412m3
Build 9782

> The problem is this :
> When I open up Open Office Writer,  the sheet is not centered so I can write on the
formatted page.
> instead the page appears  at the extreme right hand and I have to drag the whole page
into the center.   I never had to do that before.  It is frustrating.   I have tried to
center the page then turn off the computer in the hopes that the program would remember the
correct position and would auto correct.  It does not happen.
> If you would please tell me the steps so I can get the page to be centered.  I would
be most grateful

> Of course this had to happen on a weekend. So,  hopefully I will get a reply on Monday.

> Please contact me at :  Robert Taylor,    <positron623@yahoo.com>
> Thank You for your help,
> Robet Taylor

Bottom right of OO window there are three little icons.  Leftmost icon is a single page. The
next icon to right is two pages side by side and the third is a left/right book opening.

Click on the leftmost icon then click in the % box in the corner (or /View /Zoom) and adjust
scaling to suit your need.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>