openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The WiderNet Project requests permission to use your product
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 20:12:27 GMT
On 01/08/2016 Natasha Mencher wrote:
> We are specifically requesting a donation of the following materials for future versions
of the eGranary Digital Library:
> Apache OpenOffice, located athttps://www.openoffice.org/
> Please indicate the type of permission you wish to allow when responding to this message.

It seems that you don't need an explicit permission for the use of
OpenOffice you would like to make: Apache OpenOffice is free software,
distributed under the Apache License, version 2.

This very liberal license allows free redistribution in binary or source
form. You can find a FAQ at
http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html and the full license
text at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt

I believe you will conclude that the license terms are enough and that
you don't need an explicit permission beyond it. But if you have doubts
feel free to contact us again. Use the dev list (I'm moving other lists
to BCC to avoid useless traffic) or contact the OpenOffice PMC directly
as instructed on this page: http://openoffice.apache.org/trademarks.html

Regards,
   Andrea Pescetti - Apache OpenOffice PMC member.