openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [TESTING] Applying openoffice-4.1.2-patch1 for Windows
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 21:21:19 GMT
Am 08/03/2016 05:31 AM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> Testing of an Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2-patch1 procedure is requested.
>
> The files to be used in testing are at
> <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.2-patch1/binaries/Windows>.
>
> The files to be tested and reviewed are
>
>   * README-4.1.2-patch1-apply-Windows.txt
>     The description of the procedure for applying a corrected
>     library file to installed copies of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2
>     on Windows.  Read this first before deciding to download
>     the Zip file and attempting the procedure.

wow, really? I think I need much more time for this than an average
evening. ;-) I'll do the README steps on Sunday.

>   * apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1-apply-Win_x86.zip
>     The Zip archive containing the files to be used in the
>     procedure.  There is a copy of the README within the
>     archive as well.

- I've exchanged the DLL
- Created a new text and presentation document with simple content.
- Both were reopened successfully.

Anything more to test?

>   * apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1-apply-Win_x86.zip.asc

I don't know if this is OK or still bad:

gpg --verify apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1-apply-Win_x86.zip.asc
apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1-apply-Win_x86.zip
gpg: Signature made Tue 02 Aug 2016 06:24:08 AM CEST using RSA key ID
D456628A
gpg: Good signature from "keybase.io/orcmid (confirmed identifier)
<orcmid@keybase.io>"
gpg:                 aka "orcmid (Dennis E. Hamilton) <orcmid@msn.com>"
gpg:                 aka "orcmid Apache (code signing) <orcmid@apache.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Dennis E. Hamilton (orcmid)
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.

>   * apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1-apply-Win_x86.zip.md5

Windows 10 Home (Version 1511):
I've visually compared the MD5 hashes from the ZIP and MD5 file
--> OK

Linux:
$ md5sum -c apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1.zip.md5
--> OK

>   * apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1-apply-Win_x86.zip.sha256

Windows 10 Home (Version 1511):
I've visually compared the SHA256 hashes from the ZIP and SHA256 file
--> OK

Linux:
$ sha256sum -c apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1.zip.sha256
--> OK

> REQUESTED TESTING
>
>   * [OPTIONAL] If you are able to check any of the .asc,
>     .md5, and .sha256 files against the .zip, report any
>     difficulties that may have been encountered.

Please remove the new line at the end of the MD5 file. Otherwise it
doesn't work on Linux:

md5sum -c apache-openoffice-4.1.2-patch1-apply-Win_x86.zip.md5
: No such file or directory.1.2-patch1-apply-Win_x86.zip
: FAILED open or read.2-patch1-apply-Win_x86.zip
md5sum: WARNING: 1 of 1 listed file could not be read

>   * If you performed the procedure, report
>      * the version of Microsoft Windows and the type of
>        account used (administrator or standard user).

Windows 10 Home (Version 1511)
Administrator

>      * report whether the procedure succeeded

Yes

>      * if the procedure failed or met with difficulties,
>        please summarize the problems and how you over-
>        came any of them

To do a quick check, I've used a shortcut:

I've used the Total Commander (started as administrator, a normal user
cannot modify anything in the OpenOffice directory) and exchanged the DLL.

>   * [IMPORTANT] Identify any missing, incomplete or
>     confusing information in the README.  Describe what you
>     see as important improvements before making general
>     release of the procedure for use by non-expert users of
>     Apache OpenOffice on Windows.

Marcus