openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning for emergency releases
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 21:41:05 GMT
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> How do we go about getting trained as release manager?

By making a release, or two.

> Documenting the process in more detail?

You can see the whole process documented everywhere (ASF pages and CWiki
for the 4.1.2 release), but it's a matter of tooling at this stage more
than documentation. Documentation was the main aim of 4.1.2.

> I envisage always having a branch or tag, managed by the release
> manager, that represents the ready release. An emergency release would
> take that branch, add one security fix, and complete the release process.

There is really nothing to invent or to do in a special way here. Our
codebase uses a (more or less) conventional approach. It can be tweaked
and perfected, but there's not much to discuss or change in this respect.

Regards,
   Andrea.