openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PACKAGING 4.1.2-patch1 Binaries] (was RE: [TESTING] Applying openoffice-4.1.2-patch1 for Windows)
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:44:05 GMT
On 08/10/2016 03:09 AM, Jan Høydahl wrote:
>> 9. aug. 2016 kl. 13.23 skrev Carl Marcum <cmarcum@apache.org>:
>> Could we use a cross-platform installer like izpack [1]?
>>
>> I started trying it out last weekend and it looks like it could do the job of running
a rename script and copying in the library.

> I previously used izPack for cross platform install of a Tomcat application.
> You can develop custom plugins for izPack as well as custom scripts, so creating something
which looks for AOO in a number

<http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/>), and it worked well.
> The resulting exe file is self contained, will auto-resolve any installed JRE on the
system, or display a popup with
> Java download link if it cannot find Java on the system. Launch4J can also generate executable
wrappers for macOS but
> I did not try that. Both izPack and launch4j can be built from e.g. an Ant build script.

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Hi Jan,

That's good information. I hadn't seen launch4j before.

Even though we probably won't use an installer for this case, I have
other uses for launch4j.

Thanks for the tip !

Carl