openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [TESTING] Applying openoffice-4.1.2-patch1 for Windows
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:08:27 GMT
Am 08/14/2016 07:10 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:

> [...]
that provides a script and provides manual instructions as an alternative.

>   2. There is no reason to mention -Windows in the name of a .bat file, since that is
where those run these days.

>   3. I still want to be specific to 4.1.2-patch1 so that it is always clear what these
are about, wherever the materials happen to be found on an user's PC.  That should be evident
without examining the .bat file or even knowing how to do that without causing it to be executed
[;<).  (It's a bit like the reasoning to have the README available to download directly
so it can be read without downloading the full .zip.)

> I'll do all of this in a 0.2.0 beta that I'll build today, Sunday.  There are some other
suggestions that I will look into, after those are in the dev SVN, that may improve the text
more.  At this point, I am concerned about introducing regressions.

I don't see this too negative. The good thing is: The regression cannot
hide itself in an ASCII text. ;-)

Marcus