openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: Questions about buildbot internals
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 11:22:29 GMT
Kay Schenk wrote:
> Do you really mean 16.04 LTS? Is there a buildbot setup with this? I am NOT
> a Ubuntu person.

Yes, I did mean 16.04 LTS. But I see that end of life for 14.04
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases is April 2019, so 5 years and not 3 as
it was for earlier Ubuntu LTS versions. This means 14.04 is OK.

That said, if our focus is on making a release then we simply need
working buildbots. The current setup (pending the dependency fixes) can
be satisfactory too. As a rule of thumb, the newer a (Linux) buildbot
is, the less compatible produced builds are - which means they can be
tested by fewer people.

Regards,
   Andrea.