openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.2: General Topics
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 21:23:19 GMT
Don Lewis wrote:
> I forgot to mention that the PDF Import extension is somewhat
> problematic to distribute.  It relies on poppler, which has a GPLv2
> license.

Yes, this was the reason for removing the extension from the OpenOffice
installers back at the time. We do bundle GPL dictionaries though,
thanks to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-117 which took a
long discussion but gave good results. If one is determined to bundle
PDF Import again, then I would first try to obtain an opinion from legal
to understand how much code must be rewritten/adapted.

Regards,
   Andrea.