openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.2: General Topics
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 15:34:41 GMT
Hello;

> Here is my list:
>
>   * Update bundled redland / rasqal / raptor to fix a CVE.  This is
>     currently in progress.  The FreeBSD port has been using the system
>     versions of the latest and greatest.

This is difficult because of dependencies between the three and the way
the configure scripts are tied together :(.

>   * Updated bundled serf to fix a CVE and a WebDAV issue.  The FreeBSD
>     port has been using the system version of the latest and greatest.

Agreed, this is important.

>   * [low priority] Update bundled vigra.  This version is no longer
>     available upstream.  It is used by the basebmp module, but I don't
>     know what it is used for or how to test it.  I believe only the
>     headers are used.  The FreeBSD port uses the latest and greatest
>     version and I haven't heard of any problems.

We are using the latest version that does NOT use CMake. TBH, the
update is probably not worth it.

>   * [low priority] Updated bundled CoinMP.  There has been an API
>     change, which prevents the FreeBSD port from using the system
>     version.  Difficulty unknown ...

This is important, I was unaware of it. Sadly, I don't think I will
have time for it before the release.

While here ... In Kay's list there is BZ 123975, an update to Python 3.
As stated in the BZ issue, this is not convenient at this time: we
have tried hard to keep compatibility with OpenOffice.org and updating
further would put that at risk.

Also the new Python versions upgraded the build scripts for Windows,
which may require more work for our build system.

Somewhere in the distant future... we should also update ICU.

Pedro.

Pedro.