openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Resigning from Apache OpenOffice
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 19:05:49 GMT
Thus makes me very, very sad. I hope that my comments are not
a factor here. As anyone who had been following the hacker-news
and LWN thread know, I am a supporter of AOO; I have been one
since the start despite the slings and arrows directed towards
me in being such.

There was no intent to malign the people doing fantastic work
on AOO, nor their enthusiasm, etc... The thread started was
simply a request for discussion about what a retirement would
look like; I relayed my thoughts as such. No more, no less.

Personally, I'd like you to reconsider.

> On Sep 2, 2016, at 9:43 AM, Kay Schenk <kschenk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I'm resigning from Apache OpenOffice. I've been an unpaid volunteer with OpenOffice.org
and Apache OpenOffice since April, 2001.  At this point, I'm thinking it's time to move on.

> A big THANK YOU to all the developers that made OpenOffice the outstanding open source
product it is today.  THANK YOU to all the community members who contributed tirelessly to
the  ancillary  functions of both these projects. And finally, special thanks to the infrastructure
team at the Apache Software Foundation for the remarkable job they did for Apache OpenOffice
and continue to do.

> Best wishes to all of you, and may the road ahead for OpenOffice be smooth.
>
> I'm assuming that my karma to the following areas will be removed later today: committer
rights to the source svn repository; rights to the PMC and security lists and repositories.