openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Question: Naming the dev/openoffice/4.1.3 folders
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 20:02:46 GMT
On 9/26/2016 9:41 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 09:13:08AM -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>> I've been puzzling about the folder names.  Let me test my understanding.
>>
>> If all of the dev/openoffice/4.1.3/ files being uploaded become RC1, will it be by
renaming the folder (e.g., from 4.1.3 to 4.1.3-rc1) without changing anything in the folders?
 (The files have the name they will have if they become the release - no rc* in the file naming
inside the release-candidate folder.)

>> That seems to be how folders were named with the rc number in the past.  When an
rc* passes a release vote, that folder is moved to release/openoffice/4.1.3 (without the -rc*
suffix) and we are good to go.

>> Is that the plan?
>
> The name of a folder is something trivial and meaningless to discuss;
> once all packages are uploaded it is just a svn mv, so there is no point
> to waste time on this topic right now.

It needed to either be dealt with a few days ago, or wait until the
uploading is done. At this point, wait until uploading is done.