openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Heard you guys could use a hand
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 03:07:38 GMT
On 9/5/2016 3:23 PM, lhicks wrote:

> Hi there,
> My name is Logan Hicks, President of Eduarmor Inc.
> I heard you guys were struggling with OpenOffice, and we might have a solution.
> We currently run a program called PANDA, which stands for platform accessibility and
development acceleration, and is targeted towards rapid development and accessibility to open
source developers and open source projects.
> We are a major champion of open source projects, and pour resources into sustaining open
source projects that are struggling.
> We understand you have a personnel deficiency for your project,  and we have access to
over 14,000 people who could easily fill that gap.
> Who should we talk to to discuss this further?
> As a user of OpenOffice myself, I would hate to see if fade, gracefully or otherwise.
> Respectfully,
> Logan Hicks, aka Fallenour

I believe the main need is for individual volunteer developers. We now
have a mailing list, recruitment@openoffice.apache.org, for volunteers
to join to introduce themselves and get help finding where they fit in.
Please pass that on to anyone in your network who might be interested.