openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What Would OpenOffice Retirement Involve? (long)
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 07:26:50 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> One option for remedy that must be considered is retirement of the project.  ...
> There are those who fear that discussing retirement can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

This is becoming too much. There are other options. Namely, a new
release will invalidate the prerequisites for your mail. Out of respect
for the people who volunteered to steer a new release we should be
supportive of them instead of playing the "what if" game.

Still, thank you for showing that retirement would be much more
difficult than making a new release! So the best (my favorite) option is
now clearly to make a release happen.

Regards,
   Andrea.