openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Resigning from Apache OpenOffice
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 14:02:57 GMT
Kay Schenk wrote:
> I'm resigning from Apache OpenOffice.

Seeing your enthusiasm until yesterday, I think I can easily guess the
reason. Rest assured, I am feeling bullied too.

So, what can we, the people who actively work (as volunteers) on
OpenOffice, and who plan releases, and who have committed code until
this very day, do? Should we all reply and leave?

I prefer that we gather support for continuing what we were doing (i.e.,
just plan the next release), maybe getting some excuses from the
well-meaning people who did not want to start a thread with the idea of
destroying a honorable project.

I hope you will reconsider, or at least take the necessary time to see
what people are doing. I'm very disappointed by today's discussions.
I'll stand by for the time being. And I hope all the other "active"
people share this vision and are prepared to offer an alternative to
retirement in the form of a release.

Regards,
   Andrea.