openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What would OpenOffice NON-retirement involve?
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 18:02:25 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> According to https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_on_MacOSX
>   o OSX 10.4 or 10.5
>   o Xcode 2.4.1 or 3
>   o OSX 10.4 SDK

Ahem... Have you noticed that the title says "OpenOffice 3.x or Apache
OpenOffice 4.0"?

You should not build 4.0. You should retry with the 4.1 instructions:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_MacOsX

and you'll find information up to 10.9 and newer there.

> From what I can see the likely culprit is support for PowerPC, since,
> iirc, 10.4 was the last to support PPC.

The guess is correct. It just misses that we stopped supporting PowerPC
(and moved to support more modern systems only) a few years ago. It no
longer applies now.

> The OSX 10.4 SDK is also an issue... Have you gotten it to work
> w/ Xcode 7?

The link to the "reference environments" that I didn't have handy
yesterday is this one:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.2/
There you'll find (look for the environments.txt and the config.log
files) that 4.1.2 was built with Mac OS X 10.9.5 and XCode 6.2. Not the
latest, but not really "legacy" either. I've never used XCode 7 (or any
version of XCode, for that matter).

Regards,
   Andrea.