openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ready to setup release build machines?
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2016 21:05:50 GMT
On 29/08/2016 Kay Schenk wrote:
> ​Thanks for all this work. I suggest trying builds on /trunk and I would
> bet the Perl problems go away. The new Java downloader is super!

Seeing the situation, I would still prefer to be able to build 4.1.2
correctly (which works now, but JUnit and Perl modules are not
contemplated in the standard system and are thus not so clean).

> P​lease let us know how we can further contribute to this effort.​

I've added my notes to a new section of the "Building on different
environments" page:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#CentOS_5

Ideally, this would become a semi-scriptable recipe for preparing a
"standard" CentOS 5 VM for building OpenOffice releases, at least for
the 4.1.x series (it may also work for trunk, obviously, but repeating
4.1.2 is the best exercise we can do).

Regards,
   Andrea.