openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about binary upload process
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 23:00:05 GMT
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> I suspect if I try to personally push all the artifacts, it will take a
> lot longer because of the limitations of my home PCs, and cable
> supplier. I'm supposed to get "up to" 150 Mbps, but I don't think I get
> that all the time.

If your upload speed is in that order of magnitude, then you are more
than OK; at ~100 Mbps (if this is your upload rate) you would be able to
upload 750 MBytes per minute, absolutely OK for the size of our
artifacts. The big unknown remains the ASF server speed.

That said, you needn't upload all artifacts yourself. That is one
option. But with just a bit of organization we can split the upload
between multiple PMC members (only PMC members can commit to that
directory).

Regards,
   Andrea.