openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing OpenOffice 4.1.3 (reopening the AOO410 branch)
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 22:10:16 GMT
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> I'm going to wait a few hours to see if someone claims to depend on us
> not changing the branch. Absent a specific issue, I plan to create a
> 4.1.3 branch, and expect the, not yet selected, 4.1.4 Release Manager to
> create a branch for it.

OK. After all, I would assume that a downstream packager knows better
than tracking a side branch, so my concerns might have been exaggerated;
I know of no real issues.

Note: the branch should be named AOO413 (but I assume you mean this by
"a 4.1.3 branch"). It should be an "svn copy" of AOO410.

No problem in creating an AOO414 branch even today, and even without an
appointed Release Manager. Then if we decide not to release 4.1.4 for
any reasons, we'll trash it or merge it somewhere else; branches are
quite flexible.

Regards,
   Andrea.