openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do all the binaries get built?
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2016 19:50:25 GMT
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> What has to be done, in what sorts of environments, to generate all the
> binaries?
> Does, for example, building all the language versions for OSX have to be
> done on a Mac, or can one take some language files and some OSX files
> and combine them on a Windows machine?

The reference environments are listed at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.2/
(see the environments.txt file).

We use:
- CentOS 5 32-bit to build RPMs and DEBs 32-bit
- CentOS 5 64-bit to build RPMs and DEBs 64-bit
- MacOS X for Mac builds
- Windows 7 for Windows builds

In short there is no cross-compiling. The only adaptation we do is to
build both RPMs and DEBs for Linux on the same system.

Regards,
   Andrea.