openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [NOMINATION REQUEST] Next Chair of AOO Project Management Committee
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 18:36:27 GMT
I could write much and more but to keep a long story short:

I will volunteer to take over the role as next Chair.

Planned is a time frame of 1 year. But of course also a bit longer if it
fits better for any (time) contraints.

I don't want to write here what should be done better or faster or ...
as it doesn't make sense because - I'm pretty sure - it will always work
out differently. Furthermore, this is not the thread to talk about this.

Just one addition:
For ASF the Chair role is not to say what to do or where to go. The
tasks are in more formal way and well described here [1] and here [2].
So, you shouldn't expect anything else. Of course I'll do the same in
the project (or more if my spare time permits) but than as an usual
committer.

And at the end:
If there are any other candidates please speak up now. Then we can start
a discussion.

Thanks for your attention.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles

Marcus

Am 08/30/2016 10:30 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> [BCC to PMC]
>
> I am now ready to begin the Chair nomination process.  Because of delays, the next change
of Chair has moved to October 19.

> REQUEST FOR NOMINATIONS
>
> This message starts the nomination process for the next Chair for the Apache OpenOffice
PMC.  The term of the next Chair will start on 2016-10-19 and my resignation will be effective
on that date.

> Members of the PMC can nominate themselves, expressing their willingness to serve.
>
> You can also place the names of others in nomination.  Those individuals must accept
the nomination to be considered as eligible.

> The identification of Nominees will end on Tuesday, 2016-09-13.  The nature of subsequent
discussion will depend on the number of Nominees.

> TIMELINE
>
> Here's the new timeline that has the replacement be ratified by the October 19, 2016
meeting of the ASF Board:

> 2016-10-19 ASF Board Meeting - Board rules on the resolution to install the new Chair.
>
> 2016-10-12 (latest) Resolution from AOO PMC to accept the new Chair is added to the Agenda
for the 2016-10-19 Board Meeting (latest possible date)

> 2016-10-05 (latst) [RESULT][VOTE] on election of next Chair is reported.
>
> 2016-09-28 (latest) [VOTE] on election of next Chair begins.  This could be by lazy consensus
if there is already a single acceptable candidate.

> 2016-09-14 [NOMINEE DISCUSSION] process begins formally and any discussion on and among
candidates willing to serve takes place.