openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tools for building and checking a release candidate
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2016 21:37:19 GMT
On 18/09/2016 Marcus wrote:
> Am 09/17/2016 01:00 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>> Are there any tools to help put together an AOO release? If so, where
>> are they?

We don't have any. But I've provided a script that I've just used for a
test 4.1.3 build. It will find packages in a build tree (after the build
has completed), arrange them in the appropriate directories, compute the
hashes and sign.

It's currently located here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.3/

It only works on Linux-64 but it is trivial to extend it to cover
Linux-32, probably Mac OS X and maybe also Windows (provided one has a
Bash environment).

> Maybe Andrea can help you as he has more experience, e.g., with uploads
> to Sourceforge.

Uploads to SourceForge are trivial (just a rsync); but anyway they
happen after the tree has already been arranged properly, so they are
unrelated to arranging the tree.

>> Each binary needs to be signed, presumably by the person building it.
> IMHO we haven't done any signing until now - at least not officially.

We are signing. We always did. Just, we do it in a way that Windows
doesn't like. The "signed installers" discussion comes from this
incompatibility. But, security-wise, we are already providing a detached
GPG (or PGP) signature for all files. See
https://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing#sign-release

Regards,
   Andrea.