openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tools for building and checking a release candidate
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2016 22:59:11 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>> From: Andrea Pescetti
>> We are signing. ... Just, we do it in a way that Windows
>> doesn't like.
>
> It is not about Windows not liking the PGP signatures.  It never sees them.

Sure. I wrote that Windows doesn't like the way we sign (detached), not
that it doesn't like the signatures.

> To favorably compare a procedure that requires expert users to perform manually seems
odd to me.

Just to be clear, and I have written it multiple times:
Windows-compatible signatures would be nice to have. On the other hand,
this would also need significant effort; and experience shows that it is
not a major priority for Windows users (we've received only a few
requests about it; Mac users, on the contrary, seem to ask for it more
often, probably because of a stricter behavior on Mac OS X).

Regards,
   Andrea.