openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 4.1.3 building
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 01:43:40 GMT
On 23/09/2016 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> it might be time to start building it ;)
> I'll start doing so on Windows, as Jim and Andrea seem to cover the
> other platforms.

Sorry for the miscommunication, I see that the message where I was
saying that
http://home.apache.org/~pescetti/openoffice-4.1.3-dev-r1761989/ (full
Linux-64 in all languages) was being uploaded reached the list, but that
the one where I said that upload (to home; not to dist yet) was complete
did not make it.

As for speed, uploading all Linux-64 builds to home took 6-8 hours. Not
fantastic, but not bad either, especially compared to the performance I
remembered from dist+SVN.

I see you are uploading Linux-64 builds right now. Unless you believe
it's faster if I upload mine, I would say that you can continue the
upload. I will still try a test upload to SVN+dist for a few languages
(in a separate dir) to evaluate performance.

As for platforms: I am happy that you provided both Windows and Mac OS X
and I would have suggested that you did this anyway. For Linux I'm quite
confident that my builds would be OK and that Jim's on Linux-32
(following the same recipe) would be OK too.

Regards,
   Andrea.