openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Starting Introduction to Contributing to Apache OpenOffice Module
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 17:09:04 GMT

> On Sep 3, 2016, at 09:41, Ed Fallin <edfallin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Hi there Phillip and Patricia —
>
> Thanks for your e-mails.  Is now the right time not to send to all?  I’m happy to avoid
that but, I don’t want to be a lurker.

I have requested creation of a recruitment mailing list. Once created it will be a home for
new people to work together on getting started. Meanwhile, dev@ is a good place.

> I have a Mac and I have two Windows boxes, I don’t know the details but if people think
it’s worth it, maybe I could install a Linux partition on one of those.  I use Visual Studio,
now 2015 edition, and I’ve used Xcode with Obj-C and Swift a bit, but if there’s a free/ish
version of another IDE you recommend, I can install that.

There is an urgent need for building and testing on Mac. It is our second most popular user
platform, after Windows.

> Re where I live, it’s Los Angeles, in Koreatown which is central, near downtown.
>
> I’ll start diving into “how to get started” on the site further, but any brief
look-here directions anyone is willing to offer will help, and if anyone is willing to say
they’ll provide (very brief) go-here help / a little extra review for C++, that would be
great.  I always work TDD or test-bound as I call it ( == test before any first use ), but
I could miss things.