openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: 4.1.4 Release Manager?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 19:53:59 GMT
I believe we should always have a point release, based on the last fully
stable and released version, ready for code check-in: Release manager
identified, branch created, release-blocker flags created.

That shortens the latency from identifying an urgent fix to having the
fix in our users' hands.

The point releases should involve relatively little change, all related
to things we need to do urgently.

The last 4.1.x that we get to that ready state will never ship - 4.2.0
will overtake it.