openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Access denied on bugzilla ...
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2016 15:41:26 GMT
FWIW ...
I just tried to access BZ 127117, which I created in the first place, and now I got
"You are not authorized to access issue #127117."
It is only a very minor update to openssl, and I wanted to submit the patch to do it.(AOO
bugzilla and I have never been in a good relationship).
While here I shall explain the intent of the two recent requests: it is clear that we won't
release soon updated, and hopefully secure, versions of some very basic support libraries/utilities.
At least doing some minor low-hanging-fruit updates should save some pain to our users and
some embarrassment to the project. The changes are very conservative and have been tested
for a while in trunk but are superseded by the versions in trunk.
I will let the RM and the security team determine if they are worth it.
Regards,
Pedro.