openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inclusion of the Indian Rupee Symbol
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 07:33:30 GMT
Harini N wrote:
> I have just checked the list in ‘Currency Symbols’  The indian
>  Rupee ₹   is not there. The older version of writing Rs is the only Indian ref

As I wrote, this depends on the font you choose. For the "DejaVu Sans"
font (not Arial) you will find both symbols, Rs and the new one (with
the proper Unicode ID 20B9).

So this is an OpenOffice bug only if the Arial font installed on your
system has the graphical Rupee symbol (Unicode ID 20B9) when used in
Notepad, Wordpad or their equivalents on your system.

Otherwise this is a font bug.

Regards,
   Andrea.