openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Plug and play vs build it yourself
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2016 22:38:52 GMT
Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>>> From: 	Stephen Crowsen
>> Can you ask the people that are in
>> charge of the downloads to just make the complete RPM file available by
>> itself so it is easy for me to install?
>> In case they are wondering I am using the latest Centos operating system
> When the download is complete install it as you would install any other RPM file.

I think Stephen managed to extract the .tar.gz but was confused by the
fact that there is not one RPM, but many; you must simply install them
all together (not one by one), something like (as root, in a terminal)

rpm -ivh *.rpm

and then, if you want to have OpenOffice in the system menus, cd into
the desktop integration directory and install the appropriate RPM (the
"freedesktop" one should work). Changes will be visible when you refresh
menus, for example when you restart your computer.

Regards,
   Andrea.