openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [lazy consensus] FreeBSD as a new supported platform?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 20:22:21 GMT

[orcmid]

That is a misunderstanding of what is required.  To be in those stores, the
code itself must be signed and/or uploaded by an authorized party.  Signing
our Windows distributions would be wonderful and that would solve a branding
and authentication problem also.

I assume there are similar arrangements possible the Mac Store.

> > as long as we have no idea who should do this work, it's not really
> > relevant to think now about this. ;-)
> >
> > Marcus
>
> I would like to do a distribution of Apache OpenOffice to the Ubuntu
> Snap Store this year.
> Canonical has done this with LO, so it is no rocket science.
[orcmid]

If you are proposing to submit an authentic-from-AOO distribution, that will
have to be done by the project, I would say.

There are other ways to distribute a build of your own, and you will need to
honor branding requirements in how you use the OpenOffice name.