openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dr. Michael Stehmann" <anw...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de>
Subject Re: Community building: give our User a chance to contribute!
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 16:12:39 GMT
Am 20.01.2017 um 12:38 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

>> I think LibreOffice are to a certain degree correct. The ASF is not
>> capable to do the Project Open Office at this Point. The structure of
>> Libre Office is a much more healthy one for the kind of Project
>> Libre/Open Office is.
>
> Yes, unfortunately, the relevant criticism of LO is correct.

Ok, I have another opinion. Today LO looks very well.

But there are only 2 or 3 companies paying for most of the professionell
developers. That they do so, is fine and I really hope they do so in
future. And 3 companies are better than one.

But we have seen large companies searching for a business model for a
free office suite. SUN, Oracle, Suse (Novell), IBM and others. Did they
found one?

So LO only can hope, that the supporting companies will ever find paying
developers as enough profitable or promising. The TDF is not able to pay
developers for longer periods.

Just my 2 cents.
Michael