openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: Community building: give our User a chance to contribute!
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2017 23:35:18 GMT

> From: Mathias Röllig [mailto:mroellig.news@gmx.net]

> > What "original OpenOffice" is thought of here?
>
> The „original“ was StarOffice. And yes, you described right
> the way of
> the „original“ OpenOffice – as I understand it as a user (with many
> contacts to StarDivision/Sun/Oracle) using StarOffice/OpenOffice for
> over 20 years.

StarOffice was StarOffice (and original), but the story of the "original OpenOffice" begins
formally with OOo 1.0.0. At least that's what _I_ mean by "original OpenOffice".

And _maybe_ I would say that the "original StarOffice" was only the StarOffice to version
5.2 and the StarOffice from 6.0 is a new generation of StarOffice.

Jörg