openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Max Merbald <max.merb...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: future of OpenOffice
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 16:07:25 GMT
Hello,

anything is possible if you want it. And if you really want it, a merger
with LO is also possible.

The problem is that AOO is way behind. Even if you don't want to hear
it: Too little has happened over the last several years. Ages ago we
discussed what to do about version 5.0 - nothing about it has happened
so far. LO has overtaken us by far. Sometime ago we discussed what to do
about version 4.2 - and now we seem to be discussing version 4.1.4. That
would only be a very minor step.

And no, you don't say EOD because the merger is, allegedly, not
possible. You say EOD because it hurts you to acknowledge the
shortcomings of the work on AOO and you want to put that behind you and
to ltrundle on in the old slow speed.

And, @ Jörg, you might want to be more careful about the choice of your
words. Just because someone says something you don't want to hear what
they say is not necessarily bad propaganda or an attack. The way you
react reminds me of Trump's tweets to criticism. And it is not the way
to conduct an orderly discussion.

Max