openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: How can we redirect http://www.openoffice.org/en/
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:33:41 GMT
> From: Marcus [mailto:marcus.mail@wtnet.de]

> Suggestion:
> I wouldn't put any effort into a solution as long as it is
> not sure if
> it is a real problem.

OK, we are not changing anything at the moment.

> PS:
> There is the same with "en-us", "en-gb", en-uk", "de-at",
> de-ch" and I'm
> sure there are some more.

Yes, but I think "en" is something special, because "en" imho means not only the localization,
but also the original.
I mean English is the project language, and therefore an English original version (in german:
"Ur-Version") of every program version exists and, for example, "en-us" formally represents
a translation. Ok, this is very formal, but I think logically correct.

greetings,
Jörg