openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: How can we redirect http://www.openoffice.org/en/
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:12:36 GMT
Am 13.02.2017 um 19:50 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
>> From: Marcus [mailto:marcus.mail@wtnet.de]
>
>> Am 13.02.2017 um 09:16 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
>>> How can we redirect address http://www.openoffice.org/en/
>> to http://www.openoffice.org?
>>>
>>> At the moment http://www.openoffice.org/en/ shows a error
>> message (404), this is not so good.
>>
>> IMHO simply as it is not needed. ;-)
>
> Yes, already possible
>
>> First of all, we need to know if this is a problem at all. In all the
>> years I don't remember that someone has talked about this and
>> called it
>> a problem.
>
> In fact I have not noticed anything so far, so I was surprised today to the error message.
>
>> So, how have you come to this problem?
>
> Sorry, I can not exactly say I came today, by surfing, unexpectedly on this page.

you don't have to be sorry. Thanks for testing and asking. :-)

IMHO the most common way would be to add a redirect in the webserver
config (--> Infra team).

If this isn't possible, then we can create the "en/ directory and add a
"index.html" file which contains a redirect to the main homepage.

Suggestion:
I wouldn't put any effort into a solution as long as it is not sure if
it is a real problem.

PS:
There is the same with "en-us", "en-gb", en-uk", "de-at", de-ch" and I'm
sure there are some more.

Marcus