openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Increase the number of tables in Calc
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2017 19:52:52 GMT
Am 06.02.2017 um 10:48 schrieb Mathias Röllig:
>> My patch works :-). I can make 1024 sheets!
>
> If one creates daily reports at seperate sheets and want to collect the
> reports for one year in one document then this enhancement is very useful.
> When do older versions of AOO warn “This document was created with a

<sarkasm>

Microsoft is doing this in a much more hard way. Asking the PC if it has
a 4-Core-CPU. If not, then show user a "Sorry, not below 4 cores"
message and quits any installation attempt.

</sarkasm>

We should give the user such a broad hint in a more sensitive way. But
should keep an eye on our efforts, too.

Suggestion:
Instead of doeing this per document, we can show more general.

When the Online Update function is enabled we can use the online service
[1] to get the most current version, compare it with the actual running
one and show a message like "You are running Apache OpenOffice
$RUN_VERSION. Version $CUR_VERSION is available. An update is suggested
to be up-to-date again."

> newer version? […]” Must the main version number increased for such a
> change?

No, much more code needs to be implemented for such a little thing. ;-)

[1] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Service

Marcus