openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro <pedro.l...@openmailbox.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice onn System
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 23:38:49 GMT
Hi Gary

There is an Android port of OpenOffice named AndrOpen Office

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andropenoffice&hl=en

It is usable on a large screen tablet (10") but not so much in an
Android smartphone...

Hope this helps,

Pedro

On 09/02/2017 19:25, Gary Latendresse wrote:
> Hi there,
> My name is Gary Latendresse. I have been trying through different means i.e. Google Playstore
and OpenOffice website to download/install on my Android device but, as fr as I can tell no
version of this office suite is available as an app for Androids, am I correct?  I have OpenOffice
on my computer for years (maybe even a decade. Been using it since it's infancy).
> Please let me know. I have installed Microsoft Office Suite, Docs To Go, Polaris and
even Google' office suite, in two words on what I think of them...they suck! Consumers/users
of any office suite need one whom makes it easy to create and type paragraphs etc without
maximum characters and lines (Docs To Go etc) unless you pay for the app. ) others like polaris
and Google you need to have an internet connection to  use their free suites. I don't want
to have data on when away from the house and an internet connection/wifi. All I want is an
office suite that you can type endlessly in a document without conditions like paying for
it.
> Waiting for your response (in Canada and need to fax desperately to the head of our Province
(we call a Premier, I think State Governor is the equivalent in the united States.