openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: Increase the number of tables in Calc
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 06:48:38 GMT

> From: Patricia Shanahan [mailto:pats@acm.org]

> In looking at AOO source code, I'm finding lots of uses of fixed size
> arrays. As far as I can tell, there is little use of the STL data
> structures. I assume this reflects conditions when StarOffice
> was designed.

I do not know what "use of the STL data" is, but fixed values are something I had feared,
which can make an increase in the number of tables more difficult.

My request to the developers would be to check and decide whether an increase of the table
number is possible _in a short term_.

Please distinguish between:
(A) the number of tables can be increased without extensive program changes
(B) to increase the number of tables, comprehensive program changes are necessary

In case (a), the table number should be increased _in the short term_, for example to 1024.
(more is better, but 1024 would already be a good value for now)

Greetings,
Jörg