openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: Documentation needs
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 06:40:01 GMT
Hello,

> From: Patricia Shanahan [mailto:pats@acm.org]

> I'm sure our documentation needs work, and there is someone with
> writing, editing, and copyediting skills hoping to help. The
> doc@ list
> seems to be dead, except for one message posted this year.
>
> What would be the best way to get started on improving our website or
> documentation?

I think the easiest way is to use the wiki and coordinate the work. Start here:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation

Previously, much was coordinated by odf-autors:
http://www.odfauthors.org/

At the moment, I do not know how to create an account in the Wiki, _maybe someone else can
help_?

Editing the web pages is done with cms, you have to have an account, which you get when you
are committer:

The German language documentation is _actively_ maintained by the team of the ProOO-Box, see:
http://prooo-box.org/live/seiten/dokumentation.html
(see also the site: https://www.openoffice.org/de/doc/index.html but the documents there are
not up-to-date)

Perhaps one can say more precisely, documentation is not my particular workspace.

greetings,
Jörg