openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Increase the number of tables in Calc
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2017 21:17:53 GMT
In looking at AOO source code, I'm finding lots of uses of fixed size
arrays. As far as I can tell, there is little use of the STL data
structures. I assume this reflects conditions when StarOffice was designed.

On 2/5/2017 7:42 PM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:

>> From: Damjan Jovanovic [mailto:damjan@apache.org]
>
>> Hopefully, to increase number of sheets, it's just this one-line patch
>> below that I am busy compiling now. Will let you know if it
>> works soon.
>
> That would be good if it worked.
>

> But please let us consider:
> Are 1024 a reasonable value?
> What would be possible at most _in the short_ term?
>
> We have to keep in mind that MS Excel and LO Calc do not have a limit for tables anymore
and that must be our goal in the long term. (Of course gladly synonymous in the short term,
but I think this will not be possible)